Zip file format is an actively used binary data format created in 1989. ZIP is an archive file format that supports lossless data compression. A ZIP file may contain one or more files or directories that may have been compressed. The ZIP file format permits a number of compression algorithms, though DEFLATE is the most common. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Zip file format ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Zip file format wikipedia page
- Zip file format first appeared in 1989
- file extensions for Zip file format include zip
- Have a question about Zip file format not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020