XBLite is a programming language created in 2001. XBLite is a free Open Source BASIC programming language compiler and development system. It was started in 2001 by David Szafranski in order to provide a Windows exclusive version of the XBasic dialect. XBLite is released under the GNU GPL licensing scheme, Standard libraries are released under the GNU LGPL licensing scheme. Read more on Wikipedia...
- XBLite ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the XBLite wikipedia page
- XBLite first appeared in 2001
- See also: quickbasic, basic, m4
- Have a question about XBLite not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
PROGRAM "sayhello" ' interfaces to system DLLs IMPORT "gdi32" ' importing interface to gdi32.dll IMPORT "user32" ' importing interface to user32.dll DECLARE FUNCTION Entry () ' declare function Entry() FUNCTION Entry () ' define (instantiate) function Entry() ' display a message box and wait until the user clicks the 'OK!' button MessageBoxA (0, &"Hello world!", &"Windows GUI Version", $$MB_OK) END FUNCTION END PROGRAM
Last updated February 18th, 2020