Windows PowerShell is a programming language created in 2006. PowerShell is a task automation and configuration management framework from Microsoft, consisting of a command-line shell and associated scripting language. Initially a Windows component only, known as Windows PowerShell, it was made open-source and cross-platform on 18 August 2016 with the introduction of PowerShell Core. The former is built on .NET Framework while the latter on .NET Core. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Windows PowerShell ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Windows PowerShell wikipedia page
- Windows PowerShell first appeared in 2006
- See also: perl, csharp, ibm-i-control-language, digital-command-language, sql, tcl, puppet, jscript, vbscript, unix, linux, ascii, awk, grep, sed, xml, cli-assembly, ooxml, bash
- Have a question about Windows PowerShell not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
name value1 value2 name -Param1 value1 -Param2 value2
Last updated January 18th, 2020