Visual Basic is an actively used programming language created in 1991. Visual Basic is a third-generation event-driven programming language and integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft for its Component Object Model (COM) programming model first released in 1991 and declared legacy during 2008. Microsoft intended Visual Basic to be relatively easy to learn and use. Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and enables the rapid application development (RAD) of graphical user interface (GUI) applications, access to databases using Data Access Objects, Remote Data Objects, or ActiveX Data Objects, and creation of ActiveX controls and objects. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Visual Basic ranks in the top 1% of languages
- the Visual Basic website
- the Visual Basic wikipedia page
- Visual Basic first appeared in 1991
- See also: visual-basic-dot-net, visual-studio-editor, basic, gambas, xojo, basic4ppc, ns-basic, vba, perl, pascal, fortran, vbscript, ruby, quickbasic, autocad-app, asp, winwrap-basic, lotusscript
- I have 75 facts about Visual Basic. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
Option Explicit Dim Count As Integer Private Sub Form_Load() Count = 0 Timer1.Interval = 1000 ' units of milliseconds End Sub Private Sub Timer1_Timer() Count = Count + 1 Label1.Caption = Count End Sub
Last updated December 4th, 2019