True BASIC is a historical programming language created in 1983. True BASIC is a variant of the BASIC programming language descended from Dartmouth BASIC — the original BASIC — invented by college professors John G. Kemeny and Thomas E. Kurtz.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- True BASIC ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the True BASIC wikipedia page
- True BASIC first appeared in 1983
- See also: basic, dartmouth-basic, microsoft-basic, gw-basic, trs-80-color-computer, assembly-language, cbasic, isbn
- I have 26 facts about True BASIC. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
!Draw the Car SET WINDOW 0,20,0,20 SET COLOR 5 BOX AREA 2,6,2,3 BOX AREA 9,13,2,3 BOX AREA 16,20,2,3 SET COLOR 249 PLOT LINES :0,5;20,5 FLOOD 10,1 BOX KEEP 0,20,0,5 IN road$ BOX CIRCLE 2,3,5,6 FLOOD 2.5,5.5 BOX CIRCLE 5,6,5,6 FLOOD 5.5,5.5 SET COLOR 35 PLOT LINES :2.5,6;5.5,6 PLOT LINES :5,6;8,6;8,8;6,8;6,10;2,10;2,8;0,8;0,6;3,6 FLOOD 4,8 SET COLOR 248 BOX AREA 4,5,8,9 BOX KEEP 0,8,5,10 IN car$ !Save the car in 'car$' FOR x=1 TO 20 STEP 1 !Create a 'for' loop BOX SHOW road$ AT 0,0 BOX SHOW car$ AT x,5 PAUSE .1 CLEAR NEXT x !End the 'for' loop END !End the programs
Last updated November 16th, 2019