Transact-SQL is an actively used query language created in 1984. Transact-SQL (T-SQL) is Microsoft's and Sybase's proprietary extension to the SQL (Structured Query Language) used to interact with relational databases. T-SQL expands on the SQL standard to include procedural programming, local variables, various support functions for string processing, date processing, mathematics, etc. and changes to the DELETE and UPDATE statements. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Transact-SQL ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Transact-SQL wikipedia page
- Transact-SQL first appeared in 1984
- See also: sql, pl-sql, plpgsql, sql-psm
- I have 39 facts about Transact-SQL. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
-- begin transaction BEGIN TRAN BEGIN TRY -- execute each statement INSERT INTO MYTABLE(NAME) VALUES ('ABC') INSERT INTO MYTABLE(NAME) VALUES ('123') -- commit the transaction COMMIT TRAN END TRY BEGIN CATCH -- roll back the transaction because of error ROLLBACK TRAN END CATCH
Last updated August 22nd, 2019