ThinBasic is a programming language created in 2004. thinBasic is a BASIC-like computer programming language interpreter with a central core engine architecture surrounded by many specialized modules. Although originally designed mainly for computer automation, thanks to its modular structure it can be used for wide range of tasks.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- ThinBasic ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the ThinBasic wikipedia page
- ThinBasic first appeared in 2004
- See also: basic, c, visual-basic, powerbasic, opengl, opencl, xml, freebasic, microsoft-macro-assembler
- Have a question about ThinBasic not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
' Specifies program will use functions from console module uses "Console" ' TBMain represents main body of the program function TBMain() ' Creates variable to hold user name local UserName as string ' Asks user for the name Console_Print("What is your name?: ") ' Stores it to variable UserName = Console_ReadLine ' If length of username is 0 then no name is specified, else program will say hello if len(UserName) = 0 then Console_PrintLine("No user name specified...") else Console_PrintLine("Hello " + UserName + "!") end if ' Waits for any key from user before program ends Console_WaitKey end function
Last updated August 9th, 2020