Swift is an actively used programming language created in 2014. Swift is a general-purpose, multi-paradigm, compiled programming language developed by Apple Inc. for iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Linux. Swift is designed to work with Apple's Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks and the large body of existing Objective-C (ObjC) code written for Apple products. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Swift ranks in the top 1% of languages
- the Swift website
- the Swift wikipedia page
- Swift first appeared in 2014
- file extensions for Swift include swift
- the Swift team is on twitter
- replit has an online Swift repl
- See also: linux, freebsd, csharp, clu, d, haskell, objective-c, python, ruby, rust, ios, llvmir, c, smalltalk, java, unicode, android, kotlin
- I have 99 facts about Swift. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
// Hello world in Swift println("Hello, world!")
Example code from Linguist:
Example code from Wikipedia:
var someSortOfPrintableObject: SupportsToString ... print(someSortOfPrintableObject.toString())
Last updated July 8th, 2019