Standard ML is an actively used programming language created in 1990. Standard ML (SML; Standard Meta Language) is a general-purpose, modular, functional programming language with compile-time type checking and type inference. It is popular among compiler writers and programming language researchers, as well as in the development of theorem provers. SML is a modern dialect of ML, the programming language used in the Logic for Computable Functions (LCF) theorem-proving project. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Standard ML ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Standard ML website
- the Standard ML wikipedia page
- Standard ML first appeared in 1990
- file extensions for Standard ML include sml, ML, fun and sig
- See also: alice, dependent-ml, hope, elm, fstar, ocaml, rust, scala, ml, caml, c, poplog, pop-11, common-lisp, prolog, emacs-editor, isabelle, extended-ml, f-sharp
- I have 93 facts about Standard ML. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
signature LAZY_BASE = sig type 'a lazy exception Undefined val force: 'a lazy -> 'a val delay: (unit -> 'a) -> 'a lazy val undefined: 'a lazy end signature LAZY' = sig include LAZY_BASE val isUndefined: 'a lazy -> bool val inject : 'a -> 'a lazy val toString: ('a -> string) -> 'a lazy -> string val eq: ''a lazy * ''a lazy -> bool val eqBy: ('a * 'a -> bool) -> 'a lazy * 'a lazy -> bool val compare: ('a * 'a -> order) -> 'a lazy * 'a lazy -> order val map: ('a -> 'b) -> 'a lazy -> 'b lazy structure Ops: sig val ! : 'a lazy -> 'a (* force *) val ? : 'a -> 'a lazy (* inject *) end end
Example code from Wikipedia:
- haar [1, 2, 3, 4, ~4, ~3, ~2, ~1]; val it = [0,20,4,4,~1,~1,~1,~1] : int list
Last updated October 14th, 2019