Squeak is an actively used programming language created in 1996. The Squeak programming language is a dialect of Smalltalk. It is object-oriented, class-based, and reflective. It was derived directly from Smalltalk-80 by a group at Apple Computer that included some of the original Smalltalk-80 developers. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Squeak ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Squeak website
- the Squeak wikipedia page
- Squeak first appeared in 1996
- the Squeak team is on twitter
- See also: smalltalk, newsqueak, ios, pharo, lisp, logo, simula, self, etoys, scratch, linux
- Have a question about Squeak not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
"Hello world in Squeak" Transcript show: 'Hello World'
Last updated August 9th, 2020