Snowball is a historical programming language created in 1971. Snowball is a small string processing programming language designed for creating stemming algorithms for use in information retrieval.The Snowball compiler translates a Snowball script (a .sbl file) into either a thread-safe ANSI C program or a Java program. For ANSI C, each Snowball script produces a program file and corresponding header file (with .c and .h extensions). The Snowball compiler checks the consistency of its script, and this check was used to discover a typo in a seminal academic paper by Lovins which had remained undetected for 30 years.The basic datatypes handled by Snowball are strings of characters, signed integers, and boolean truth values, or more simply strings, integers and booleans. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Snowball ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Snowball wikipedia page
- Snowball first appeared in 1971
- See also: snobol, java, ascii, c
- I have 23 facts about Snowball. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated July 22nd, 2019