SNOBOL is a programming language created in 1962. SNOBOL (StriNg Oriented and symBOlic Language) is a series of computer programming languages developed between 1962 and 1967 at AT&T Bell Laboratories by David J. Farber, Ralph E. Griswold and Ivan P. Read more on Wikipedia...
- SNOBOL ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the SNOBOL website
- the SNOBOL wikipedia page
- SNOBOL first appeared in 1962
- Have a question about SNOBOL not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
* Hello World in Snobol OUTPUT = "Hello World!"
Example code from Wikipedia:
OUTPUT = "This program will ask you for personal names" OUTPUT = "until you press return without giving it one" NameCount = 0 :(GETINPUT) AGAIN NameCount = NameCount + 1 OUTPUT = "Name " NameCount ": " PersonalName GETINPUT OUTPUT = "Please give me name " NameCount + 1 PersonalName = INPUT PersonalName LEN(1) :S(AGAIN) OUTPUT = "Finished. " NameCount " names requested." END
Last updated January 18th, 2020