Smarty is an actively used programming language created in 2006. Smarty is a web template system written in PHP. Smarty is primarily promoted as a tool for separation of concerns. Smarty is intended to simplify compartmentalization, allowing the front-end of a web page to change separately from its back-end. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Smarty ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Smarty website
- the Smarty wikipedia page
- Smarty first appeared in 2006
- file extensions for Smarty include tpl
- See also: php, isbn, twig
- I have 41 facts about Smarty. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
define('SMARTY_DIR', 'smarty-2.6.22/'); require_once(SMARTY_DIR . 'Smarty.class.php'); $smarty = new Smarty(); $smarty->template_dir = './templates/'; $smarty->compile_dir = './templates/compile/'; $smarty->assign('title_text', 'TITLE: This is the Smarty basic example ...'); $smarty->assign('body_html', '<p>BODY: This is the message set using assign()</p>'); $smarty->display('index.tpl');
Last updated August 22nd, 2019