SIMSCRIPT is a programming language created in 1963. SIMSCRIPT is a free-form, English-like general-purpose simulation language conceived by Harry Markowitz and Bernard Hausner at the RAND Corporation in 1963. It was implemented as a Fortran preprocessor on the IBM 7090 and was designed for large discrete event simulations. It influenced Simula. Read more on Wikipedia...
- SIMSCRIPT ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the SIMSCRIPT wikipedia page
- SIMSCRIPT first appeared in 1963
- See also: fortran, simula, quikscript, gpss
- Have a question about SIMSCRIPT not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated February 18th, 2020