Scala.js programming language is an actively used programming language created in 2013. Scala ( SKAH-lah) is a general-purpose programming language providing support for functional programming and a strong static type system. Designed to be concise, many of Scala's design decisions aimed to address criticisms of Java.Scala source code is intended to be compiled to Java bytecode, so that the resulting executable code runs on a Java virtual machine. Scala provides language interoperability with Java, so that libraries written in both languages may be referenced directly in Scala or Java code. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Scala.js programming language ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the Scala.js programming language website
- the Scala.js programming language wikipedia page
- Scala.js programming language on github
- Scala.js programming language first appeared in 2013
- Have a question about Scala.js programming language not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
val urls = List("https://scala-lang.org", "https://github.com/scala/scala") def fromURL(url: String) = scala.io.Source.fromURL(url) .getLines().mkString("\n") val t = System.currentTimeMillis() urls.par.map(fromURL(_)) println("time: " + (System.currentTimeMillis - t) + "ms")
Last updated August 9th, 2020