Ruby is an actively used programming language created in 1995. Ruby is a dynamic, reflective, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. It was designed and developed in the mid-1990s by Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto in Japan. According to its creator, Ruby was influenced by Perl, Smalltalk, Eiffel, Ada, and Lisp. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Ruby ranks in the top 1% of languages
- the Ruby website
- the Ruby wikipedia page
- Ruby first appeared in 1995
- file extensions for Ruby include rb, builder, eye, fcgi, gemspec, god, jbuilder, mspec, pluginspec, podspec, rabl, rake, rbuild, rbw, rbx, ru, ruby, spec, thor and watchr
- replit has an online Ruby repl
- tryitonline has an online Ruby repl
- I have 181 facts about Ruby. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
# Hello World in Ruby puts "Hello World!"
Example code from Linguist:
module Foo end
Example code from Wikipedia:
"Hello, World!".in_blue => "<span style=\"color: #00f\">Hello, World!</span>"
Last updated July 8th, 2019