Regular Expression is an actively used query language created in 1951. A regular expression, regex or regexp (sometimes called a rational expression) is, in theoretical computer science and formal language theory, a sequence of characters that define a search pattern. Usually this pattern is then used by string searching algorithms for "find" or "find and replace" operations on strings. The concept arose in the 1950s when the American mathematician Stephen Cole Kleene formalized the description of a regular language. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Regular Expression ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the Regular Expression wikipedia page
- Regular Expression first appeared in 1951
- file extensions for Regular Expression include regexp and regex
- I have 74 facts about Regular Expression. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
Example code from Wikipedia:
Hello World contains a character other than a, b, and c.
Last updated December 10th, 2019