Ratfiv is a historical programming language created in 1980. Ratfiv is an enhanced version of the Ratfor programming language, a preprocessor for Fortran designed to give it C-like capabilities. Fortran was widely used for scientific programming but had very basic control-flow primitives ("do" and "goto") and no "macro" facility which limited its expressiveness. The name of the language is a pun (Ratfor (RATional FORtran) -> "Rat Four" -> "Rat Five" -> RatFiv). Read more on Wikipedia...
- Ratfiv ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Ratfiv wikipedia page
- Ratfiv first appeared in 1980
- See also: fortran, c, ratfor
- I have 23 facts about Ratfiv. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 25th, 2019