QuickBASIC is a programming language created in 1985. Microsoft QuickBASIC (also QB) is an Integrated Development Environment (or IDE) and compiler for the BASIC programming language that was developed by Microsoft. QuickBASIC runs mainly on DOS, though there was a short-lived version for the classic Mac OS. It is loosely based on GW-BASIC but adds user-defined types, improved programming structures, better graphics and disk support and a compiler in addition to the interpreter. Read more on Wikipedia...
- QuickBASIC ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the QuickBASIC wikipedia page
- QuickBASIC first appeared in 1985
- See also: qbasic, basic, gw-basic, visual-basic, linux, freebasic, qb64, powerbasic, turbo-basic
- Have a question about QuickBASIC not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
REM sample of bubble sort N = 10 DIM A(N) AS INTEGER FOR L = 1 TO N A(L) = INT(RND * 10 + 1) NEXT FOR X = 1 TO N FOR Y = 1 TO N - 1 IF A(X) < A(Y) THEN SWAP A(X), A(Y) NEXT NEXT FOR L = 1 TO N PRINT A(L) NEXT END
Last updated June 22nd, 2020