Python is an actively used programming language created in 1991. Python is a widely used high-level programming language for general-purpose programming, created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. An interpreted language, Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability (notably using whitespace indentation to delimit code blocks rather than curly brackets or keywords), and a syntax that allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than might be used in languages such as C++ or Java. It provides constructs that enable clear programming on both small and large scales. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Python ranks in the top 1% of languages
- the Python website
- the Python wikipedia page
- Python first appeared in 1991
- file extensions for Python include py, pyc, pyd, pyo, bzl, cgi, fcgi, gyp, gypi, lmi, py3, pyde, pyi, pyp, pyt, pyw, rpy, spec, tac, wsgi and xpy
- replit has an online Python repl
- I have 168 facts about Python. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
#!/usr/bin/env python2.4 print "Python"
Last updated July 8th, 2019