Proteus is a historical programming language created in 1998. Proteus (PROcessor for TExt Easy to USe) is a fully functional, procedural programming language created in 1998 by Simone Zanella. Proteus incorporates many functions derived from several other languages: C, BASIC, Assembly, Clipper/dBase; it is especially versatile in dealing with strings, having hundreds of dedicated functions; this makes it one of the richest languages for text manipulation. Proteus owes its name to a Greek god of the sea (Proteus), who took care of Neptune's crowd and gave responses; he was renowned for being able to transform himself, assuming different shapes. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Proteus ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Proteus wikipedia page
- Proteus first appeared in 1998
- See also: c, basic, clipper, unix, linux, regex, csv
- I have 24 facts about Proteus. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 22nd, 2019