Protel is a historical programming language created in 1975. Protel stands for "Procedure Oriented Type Enforcing Language". It is a programming language created by Nortel Networks and used on telecommunications switching systems such as the DMS-100. Protel-2 is the object-oriented version of Protel.PROTEL languages were designed to meet the needs of digital telephony and is the basis of the DMS-100 line of switching systems PROTEL is a strongly typed, block-structured language which is based heavily on PASCAL and ALGOL 68 with left-to-right style of variable assignment, variable-sized arrays, and extensible structures. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Protel ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the Protel wikipedia page
- Protel first appeared in 1975
- See also: pascal, algol-68
- I have 24 facts about Protel. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 22nd, 2019