PowerBASIC is a historical programming language created in 1989. PowerBASIC, formerly Turbo Basic, is the brand of several commercial compilers by PowerBASIC Inc. that compile a dialect of the BASIC programming language. There are both MS-DOS and Windows versions, and two kinds of the latter: Console and Windows. Read more on Wikipedia...
- PowerBASIC ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the PowerBASIC wikipedia page
- PowerBASIC first appeared in 1989
- See also: turbo-basic-xl, turbo-basic, basic, qbasic, quickbasic, algol, assembly-language, x86-isa, mmx
- I have 28 facts about PowerBASIC. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
#Compile Exe ' using either PBCC6 or PBWIN10 compiler #Dim All Function PBMain Local GW As Dword ' start a GRAPHIC WINDOW Graphic Window New "graphic window", 100, 100, 200, 200 to GW ' show a coloured disc Graphic Ellipse (10, 10)-(190, 190), %rgb_Red, %rgb_SeaGreen, 0 ' wait for a keypress Graphic Waitkey$ End Function
Last updated November 6th, 2019