PL%2FI is an actively used programming language created in 1964. PL/I (Programming Language One, pronounced ) is a procedural, imperative computer programming language designed for scientific, engineering, business and system programming uses. It has been used by various academic, commercial and industrial organizations since it was introduced in the 1960s, and continues to be actively used. PL/I's main domains are data processing, numerical computation, scientific computing, and system programming; it supports recursion, structured programming, linked data structure handling, fixed-point, floating-point, complex, character string handling, and bit string handling. Read more on Wikipedia...
- PL%2FI ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the PL%2FI wikipedia page
- PL%2FI first appeared in 1964
- See also: pl-m, xpl, pl-p, pl-c, cobol, fortran, algol, cms-2, sp-k, b, rexx, autocoder, comtran, george, multics, basic, pascal, daisy-systems, linux, hal-s, unix, java, c, isbn, doi
- I have 36 facts about PL%2FI. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
/* Read in a line, which contains a string, /* and then print every subsequent line that contains that string. */ find_strings: procedure options (main); declare pattern character (100) varying; declare line character (100) varying; declare line_no fixed binary; on endfile (sysin) stop; get edit (pattern) (L); line_no = 1; do forever; get edit (line) (L); if index(line, pattern) > 0 then put skip list (line_no, line); line_no = line_no + 1; end; end find_strings;
Last updated October 14th, 2019