PIC microcontroller is a historical programming language created in 1975. PIC (usually pronounced as "pick") is a family of microcontrollers made by Microchip Technology, derived from the PIC1650 originally developed by General Instrument's Microelectronics Division. The name PIC initially referred to Peripheral Interface Controller, then it was corrected as Programmable Intelligent Computer. The first parts of the family were available in 1976; by 2013 the company had shipped more than twelve billion individual parts, used in a wide variety of embedded systems. Read more on Wikipedia...
- PIC microcontroller ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the PIC microcontroller wikipedia page
- PIC microcontroller first appeared in 1975
- See also: c, mips, flowcode, basic-stamp, atmel-avr, arduino, msp430
- I have 20 facts about PIC microcontroller. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated October 14th, 2019