Parrot BASIC is a programming language created in 2009. Parrot is a register-based process virtual machine designed to run dynamic languages efficiently. It is possible to compile Parrot assembly language and PIR (an intermediate language) to Parrot bytecode and execute it. Parrot is free and open source software.Parrot was started by the Perl community and is developed with help from the open source and free software communities. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Parrot BASIC ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Parrot BASIC wikipedia page
- Parrot BASIC first appeared in 2009
- See also: c, parrot-assembly, parrot-internal-representation, perl, perl-6, python, jvm-vm, llvmir, java, java-bytecode, joy, lua, php, ruby, scheme, tcl, wmlscript, arc, apl, common-lisp, lisp, ecmascript, forth, quickbasic, smalltalk, cil, befunge, brainfuck, lolcode, unlambda, unicode
- Have a question about Parrot BASIC not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
.sub 'main' :main $I1 = 4 inc $I1 # $I1 is now 5 $I1 += 2 # $I1 is now 7 $N1 = 42.0 dec $N1 # $N1 is now 41.0 $N1 -= 2.0 # $N1 now 39.0 print $I1 print ', ' print $N1 print "\n" .end
Last updated June 22nd, 2020