OpenGL is a library created in 1992. Open Graphics Library (OpenGL) is a cross-language, cross-platform application programming interface (API) for rendering 2D and 3D vector graphics. The API is typically used to interact with a graphics processing unit (GPU), to achieve hardware-accelerated rendering. Silicon Graphics Inc., (SGI) started developing OpenGL in 1991 and released it in January 1992; applications use it extensively in the fields of computer-aided design (CAD), virtual reality, scientific visualization, information visualization, flight simulation, and video games. Read more on Wikipedia...
- OpenGL ranks in the top 10% of entities I track
- the OpenGL website
- the OpenGL wikipedia page
- OpenGL first appeared in 1992
- the OpenGL team is on twitter
- Have a question about OpenGL not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020