NetLogo is an actively used programming language created in 1999. NetLogo is an agent-based programming language and integrated modeling environment.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- NetLogo ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the NetLogo website
- the NetLogo wikipedia page
- NetLogo first appeared in 1999
- file extensions for NetLogo include nlogo, nlogo3d and nls
- the NetLogo team is on twitter
- See also: starlogo, logo, isbn, scala, java
- I have 57 facts about NetLogo. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
patches-own [ living? ;; indicates if the cell is living live-neighbors ;; counts how many neighboring cells are alive ] to setup-blank clear-all ask patches [ cell-death ] reset-ticks end to setup-random clear-all ask patches [ ifelse random-float 100.0 < initial-density [ cell-birth ] [ cell-death ] ] reset-ticks end to cell-birth set living? true set pcolor fgcolor end to cell-death set living? false set pcolor bgcolor end to go ask patches [ set live-neighbors count neighbors with [living?] ] ;; Starting a new "ask patches" here ensures that all the patches ;; finish executing the first ask before any of them start executing ;; the second ask. This keeps all the patches in synch with each other, ;; so the births and deaths at each generation all happen in lockstep. ask patches [ ifelse live-neighbors = 3 [ cell-birth ] [ if live-neighbors != 2 [ cell-death ] ] ] tick end to draw-cells let erasing? [living?] of patch mouse-xcor mouse-ycor while [mouse-down?] [ ask patch mouse-xcor mouse-ycor [ ifelse erasing? [ cell-death ] [ cell-birth ] ] display ] end
Last updated October 14th, 2019