MySQL is an actively used query language created in 1995. MySQL (officially pronounced as "My S-Q-L",) is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS). Its name is a combination of "My", the name of co-founder Michael Widenius's daughter, and "SQL", the abbreviation for Structured Query Language. The MySQL development project has made its source code available under the terms of the GNU General Public License, as well as under a variety of proprietary agreements. Read more on Wikipedia...
- MySQL ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the MySQL website
- the MySQL wikipedia page
- MySQL first appeared in 1995
- the MySQL team is on twitter
- See also: c, linux, solaris, freebsd, sql, perl, php, python, wordpress, mybb, drupal, yacc, mariadb, sql-psm, unicode, csv, postgresql, csharp, visual-basic, asp, utf-8
- Have a question about MySQL not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated January 18th, 2020