MUMPS is an actively used programming language created in 1966. MUMPS (Massachusetts General Hospital Utility Multi-Programming System), or M, is a general-purpose computer programming language that provides ACID (Atomic, Consistent, Isolated, and Durable) transaction processing. Its differentiating feature is its "built-in" database, enabling high-level access to disk storage using simple symbolic program variables and subscripted arrays, similar to the variables used by most languages to access main memory. The M database is a key-value database engine optimized for high-throughput transaction processing. Read more on Wikipedia...
- MUMPS ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the MUMPS wikipedia page
- MUMPS first appeared in 1966
- file extensions for MUMPS include mumps and m
- tryitonline has an online MUMPS repl
- See also: joss, unix, telcomp, miis, linux, tiny-basic, ascii, csv
- I have 79 facts about MUMPS. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
; Hello World in Mumps-M w !,"Hello World"
Example code from Linguist:
label1 ; This is a label write "Hello World !",! quit
Example code from Wikipedia:
GTM>S n="" GTM>S n=$order(^nodex(n)) GTM>zwr n n=" building" GTM>S n=$order(^nodex(n)) GTM>zwr n n=" name:gd" GTM>S n=$order(^nodex(n)) GTM>zwr n n="%kml:guid"
Last updated October 20th, 2019