MULTICS is a historical programming language created in 1967. Multics (Multiplexed Information and Computing Service) is an influential early time-sharing operating system, based around the concept of a single-level memory. Virtually all modern operating systems were heavily influenced by Multics – often through Unix, which was created by some of the people who had worked on Multics – either directly (Linux, macOS) or indirectly (Windows NT).. Read more on Wikipedia...
- MULTICS ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the MULTICS wikipedia page
- MULTICS first appeared in 1967
- Read more about MULTICS on Semantic Scholar
- See also: pl-i, assembly-language, unix, linux, algol
- I have 44 facts about MULTICS. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated July 22nd, 2019