Modelica is an actively used programming language created in 1997. Modelica is an object-oriented, declarative, multi-domain modeling language for component-oriented modeling of complex systems, e.g., systems containing mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, thermal, control, electric power or process-oriented subcomponents. The free Modelica language is developed by the non-profit Modelica Association. The Modelica Association also develops the free Modelica Standard Library that contains about 1360 generic model components and 1280 functions in various domains, as of version 3.2.1. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Modelica ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the Modelica website
- the Modelica wikipedia page
- Modelica first appeared in 1997
- file extensions for Modelica include mo
- See also: java, unicode, ampl, general-algebraic-modeling-system, matlab, simulink, doi
- Have a question about Modelica not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
within ModelicaByExample; package PackageExamples "Examples of using packages" end PackageExamples;
Example code from Wikipedia:
model Circuit Capacitor C1(C=1e-4) "A Capacitor instance from the model above"; Capacitor C2(C=1e-5) "A Capacitor instance from the model above"; ... equation connect(C1.pin_p, C2.pin_n); ... end Circuit;
Last updated June 22nd, 2020