Meta Language, aka Meta Language, is an actively used programming language created in 1973. ML ('Meta Language') is a general-purpose functional programming language. It has roots in Lisp, and has been characterized as "Lisp with types". It is known for its use of the polymorphic Hindley–Milner type system, which automatically assigns the types of most expressions without requiring explicit type annotations, and ensures type safety – there is a formal proof that a well-typed ML program does not cause runtime type errors. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Meta Language ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Meta Language wikipedia page
- Meta Language first appeared in 1973
- See also: standard-ml, caml, iswim, clojure, coq, cyclone, elm, f-sharp, fstar, haskell, idris, miranda, nemerle, ocaml, opa, erlang, rust, scala, lisp, ats, alice, dependent-ml, lazyMl, clean
- I have 54 facts about Meta Language. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
structure Rational : ARITH = struct datatype t = Rat of int * int; val zero = Rat(0,1); fun succ(Rat(a,b)) = Rat( a+b , b ); fun sum (Rat(a,b), Rat(c,d)) = Rat(a*d+ c*b , b*d) : t ; end
Last updated August 25th, 2019