MariaDB is a query language created in 2009. MariaDB is a community-developed fork of the MySQL relational database management system intended to remain free under the GNU GPL. Development is led by some of the original developers of MySQL, who forked it due to concerns over its acquisition by Oracle Corporation.MariaDB intends to maintain high compatibility with MySQL, ensuring a drop-in replacement capability with library binary parity and exact matching with MySQL APIs and commands. It includes the XtraDB storage engine for replacing InnoDB, as well as a new storage engine, Aria, that intends to be both a transactional and non-transactional engine perhaps even included in future versions of MySQL.Its lead developer is Michael "Monty" Widenius, one of the founders of MySQL AB and the founder of Monty Program AB. Read more on Wikipedia...
- MariaDB ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the MariaDB wikipedia page
- MariaDB first appeared in 2009
- See also: c, perl, bash, solaris, linux, mysql, freebsd
- Have a question about MariaDB not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated June 22nd, 2020