Makefile is an actively used application created in 1976. A makefile is a file containing a set of directives used with the make build automation tool.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Makefile ranks in the top 20% of languages
- the Makefile wikipedia page
- Makefile first appeared in 1976
- file extensions for Makefile include mak, d, make, mk and mkfile
- See also: c
- I have 32 facts about Makefile. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
#!/usr/bin/make -f %: ls -l
Example code from Wikipedia:
edit: main.o kbd.o command.o display.o cc -o edit main.o kbd.o command.o display.o main.o: main.c defs.h cc -c main.c kbd.o: kbd.c defs.h command.h cc -c kbd.c command.o: command.c defs.h command.h cc -c command.c display.o: display.c defs.h cc -c display.c clean: rm edit main.o kbd.o command.o display.o
Last updated July 8th, 2019