LUCID is a programming language created in 1976. Lucid is a dataflow programming language designed to experiment with non-von Neumann programming models. It was designed by Bill Wadge and Ed Ashcroft and described in the 1985 book Lucid, the Dataflow Programming Language. pLucid was the first interpreter for Lucid.. Read more on Wikipedia...
- LUCID ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the LUCID wikipedia page
- LUCID first appeared in 1976
- LUCID was created by Edward A. Ashcroft and William W. Wadge
- See also: iswim, sisal, lustre
- Have a question about LUCID not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
h where h = 1 fby merge(merge(2 * h, 3 * h), 5 * h); merge(x,y) = if xx <= yy then xx else yy fi where xx = x upon xx <= yy; yy = y upon yy <= xx; end; end;
Last updated June 22nd, 2020