LiveCode is an actively used programming language created in 2001. LiveCode (formerly Revolution and MetaCard) is a cross-platform rapid application development runtime environment inspired by HyperCard. It features the Transcript (formerly MetaTalk) programming language which belongs to the family of xTalk scripting languages like HyperCard's HyperTalk. The environment was introduced in 2001. Read more on Wikipedia...
- LiveCode ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the LiveCode website
- the LiveCode wikipedia page
- LiveCode first appeared in 2001
- See also: linux, android, ios, hypertalk, hypercard, sql
- I have 37 facts about LiveCode. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
-- Hello world in LiveCode (formerly called Revolution, formerly called Transcript) answer "Hello World!"
Example code from Wikipedia:
put url "binfile:picture.jpg" into url "ftp://john:email@example.com:2121/picture.jpg"
Last updated December 4th, 2019