Ladder Logic is an actively used programming language created in 1994. Ladder logic was originally a written method to document the design and construction of relay racks as used in manufacturing and process control. Each device in the relay rack would be represented by a symbol on the ladder diagram with connections between those devices shown. In addition, other items external to the relay rack such as pumps, heaters, and so forth would also be shown on the ladder diagram. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Ladder Logic ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Ladder Logic wikipedia page
- Ladder Logic first appeared in 1994
- See also: sequential-function-chart, basic, c
- Have a question about Ladder Logic not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
+--------+ --------------------+ A + B +----------- | into C | +--------+ Adder
Last updated June 22nd, 2020