JScript is an actively used programming language created in 1996. JScript is Microsoft's dialect of the ECMAScript standard that is used in Microsoft's Internet Explorer. JScript is implemented as an Active Scripting engine. This means that it can be "plugged in" to OLE Automation applications that support Active Scripting, such as Internet Explorer, Active Server Pages, and Windows Script Host. Read more on Wikipedia...
- JScript ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the JScript website
- the JScript wikipedia page
- JScript first appeared in 1996
- file extensions for JScript include js, jse, wsf and wsc
- Have a question about JScript not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020