Io is an actively used programming language created in 2002. Io is a pure object-oriented programming language inspired by Smalltalk, Self, Lua, Lisp, Act1, and NewtonScript. Io has a prototype-based object model similar to the ones in Self and NewtonScript, eliminating the distinction between instance and class. Like Smalltalk, everything is an object and it uses dynamic typing. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Io ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Io wikipedia page
- Io first appeared in 2002
- file extensions for Io include io
- tryitonline has an online Io repl
- See also: smalltalk, newtonscript, self, lua, lisp, python, ioke
- Have a question about Io not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
factorial := method(n, if(n == 0, return 1) res := 1 Range 1 to(n) foreach(i, res = res * i) )
Last updated January 24th, 2020