INI is an actively used meta language created in 1987. The INI file format is an informal standard for configuration files for some platforms or software. INI files are simple text files with a basic structure composed of sections, properties, and values. In MS-DOS and 16-bit Windows platforms up through Windows ME, the INI file served as the primary mechanism to configure operating system and installed applications features, such as device drivers, fonts, startup launchers, and things that needed to be initialized in booting Windows. Read more on Wikipedia...
- INI ranks in the top 20% of languages
- the INI wikipedia page
- INI first appeared in 1987
- file extensions for INI include ini, cfg, lektorproject, prefs, pro and properties
- See also: xml, linux, unix, php, unicode, c, json, yaml
- I have 45 facts about INI. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Linguist:
title=Mindstorms isbn=0465046290 author=Seymour Papert pubmonth=198001 subject=children computers powerful ideas LOGO education url=http://www.papert.org/
Example code from Wikipedia:
GetPrivateProfileString("owner", "name", ... , "c:\\programs\\oldprogram\\dbsettings.ini");
Last updated October 20th, 2019