Interactive Data Language, aka Interactive Data Language, is an actively used programming language created in 1977. IDL, short for Interactive Data Language, is a programming language used for data analysis. It is popular in particular areas of science, such as astronomy, atmospheric physics and medical imaging. IDL shares a common syntax with PV-Wave and originated from the same codebase, though the languages have subsequently diverged in detail. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Interactive Data Language ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Interactive Data Language website
- the Interactive Data Language wikipedia page
- Interactive Data Language first appeared in 1977
- file extensions for Interactive Data Language include pro and dlm
- See also: gdl, pv-wave, fortran, c, unix, smalltalk, matlab, numpy, python, perl-data-language, perl
- I have 87 facts about Interactive Data Language. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
IDL> ; Hello World in IDL (Interactive Data Language) IDL> print, "Hello World"
Example code from Linguist:
MODULE mg_analysis DESCRIPTION Tools for analysis VERSION 1.0 SOURCE mgalloy BUILD_DATE January 18, 2011 FUNCTION MG_ARRAY_EQUAL 2 2 KEYWORDS FUNCTION MG_TOTAL 1 1
Last updated October 14th, 2019