HyperTalk is an actively used programming language created in 1987. HyperTalk is a high-level, procedural programming language created in 1987 by Dan Winkler and used in conjunction with Apple Computer's HyperCard hypermedia program by Bill Atkinson. The main target audience of HyperTalk was beginning programmers, hence HyperTalk programmers were usually called authors, and the process of writing programs was called "scripting". HyperTalk scripts are fairly similar to written English, and use a logic structure similar to that of the Pascal programming language. Read more on Wikipedia...
- HyperTalk ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the HyperTalk wikipedia page
- HyperTalk first appeared in 1987
- HyperTalk was created by Dan Winkler
- Have a question about HyperTalk not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
on mouseUp select the clickLine put word 2 of the clickLine into linenum do line linenum of cd fld 1 end mouseUp
Last updated January 18th, 2020