HTTP is an actively used protocol created in 1989. The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application protocol for distributed, collaborative, and hypermedia information systems. HTTP is the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web. Hypertext is structured text that uses logical links (hyperlinks) between nodes containing text. Read more on Wikipedia...
- HTTP ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the HTTP wikipedia page
- HTTP first appeared in 1989
- file extensions for HTTP include http
- See also: ftp, smtp, tls, tcp, udp, url, html, css, ascii, gzip, rest, isbn
- I have 38 facts about HTTP. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:38:34 GMT Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Encoding: UTF-8 Content-Length: 138 Last-Modified: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:11:55 GMT Server: Apache/188.8.131.52 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) ETag: "3f80f-1b6-3e1cb03b" Accept-Ranges: bytes Connection: close <html> <head> <title>An Example Page</title> </head> <body> Hello World, this is a very simple HTML document. </body> </html>
Last updated October 14th, 2019