HFS Plus is a filesystem created in 1998. HFS Plus or HFS+ is a file system developed by Apple Inc. It replaced the Hierarchical File System (HFS) as the primary file system of Apple computers with the 1998 release of Mac OS 8.1. HFS+ continued as the primary Mac OS X file system until it was itself replaced with the release of the Apple File System (APFS) with macOS High Sierra in 2017. Read more on Wikipedia...
- HFS Plus ranks in the top 25% of entities I track
- the HFS Plus wikipedia page
- HFS Plus first appeared in 1998
- See also: unicode, ios, linux, hfs, ntfs, powerpc, x86-isa
- Have a question about HFS Plus not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated February 18th, 2020