Haskell is an actively used programming language created in 1990. Haskell is a standardized, general-purpose purely functional programming language, with non-strict semantics and strong static typing. It is named after logician Haskell Curry. The latest standard of Haskell is Haskell 2010. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Haskell ranks in the top 5% of languages
- the Haskell website
- the Haskell wikipedia page
- Haskell first appeared in 1990
- file extensions for Haskell include hs, lhs and hsc
- replit has an online Haskell repl
- tryitonline has an online Haskell repl
- I have 131 facts about Haskell. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the Hello World Collection:
-- Hello World in Haskell main = putStrLn "Hello World"
Example code from Linguist:
import Data.Char main :: IO () main = do let hello = "hello world" putStrLn $ map toUpper hello
Example code from Wikipedia:
$ ghci Prelude> import Data.Int Prelude Data.Int> fromIntegral (32767 :: Int16) :: Int8 -1 Prelude Data.Int> fromInteger (2^64 :: Integer) :: Int32 0
Last updated July 8th, 2019