HTML Abstraction Markup Language, aka HTML Abstraction Markup Language, is an actively used template language created in 2006. Haml (HTML Abstraction Markup Language) is a templating system that is designed to avoid writing inline code in a web document and make the HTML easy and clean. Haml gives the flexibility to have some dynamic content in HTML. Similar to other web languages like PHP, ASP, JSP and template systems like eRuby, Haml also embeds some code that gets executed during runtime and generates HTML code in order to provide some dynamic content. Read more on Wikipedia...
- HTML Abstraction Markup Language ranks in the top 10% of languages
- the HTML Abstraction Markup Language website
- the HTML Abstraction Markup Language wikipedia page
- HTML Abstraction Markup Language on github
- HTML Abstraction Markup Language first appeared in 2006
- file extensions for HTML Abstraction Markup Language include haml and hamldeface
- See also: ruby, html, php, asp, java-server-pages, erb, ascii, utf-8, rails, css, bbcode, yaml, sass, wml
- I have 63 facts about HTML Abstraction Markup Language. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from the web:
%section.container %h1= post.title %h2= post.subtitle .content = post.content
Example code from Linguist:
%p Hello, World!
Example code from Wikipedia:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html lang='en' xml:lang='en' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'> <head> <title>BoBlog</title> <meta content='text/html; charset=utf-8' http-equiv='Content-Type' /> <link href="/stylesheets/main.css" media="screen" rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" /> </head> <body> <div id='header'> <h1>BoBlog</h1> <h2>Bob's Blog</h2> </div> <div id='content'> <div class='entry'> <h3 class='title'>Halloween</h3> <p class='date'>Tuesday, October 31, 2006</p> <p class='body'> Happy Halloween, glorious readers! I'm going to a party this evening... I'm very excited. </p> </div> <div class='entry'> <h3 class='title'>New Rails Templating Engine</h3> <p class='date'>Friday, August 11, 2006</p> <p class='body'> There's a very cool new Templating Engine out for Ruby on Rails. It's called Haml. </p> </div> </div> <div id='footer'> <p> All content copyright © Bob </p> </div> </body> </html>
Last updated July 8th, 2019