GW-BASIC is a historical programming language created in 1983. GW-BASIC is a dialect of the BASIC programming language developed by Microsoft from BASICA, originally for Compaq. It is otherwise identical to Microsoft/IBM BASICA, but is a fully self-contained executable and does not need the ROM BASIC. It was bundled with MS-DOS operating systems on IBM PC compatibles by Microsoft. Read more on Wikipedia...
- GW-BASIC ranks in the top 50% of languages
- the GW-BASIC wikipedia page
- GW-BASIC first appeared in 1983
- See also: ibm-basica, qbasic, msx-basic, basic, quickbasic, mbasic, dartmouth-basic, ascii
- I have 26 facts about GW-BASIC. what would you like to know? email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated December 4th, 2019