GRASS is a programming language created in 1977. GRASS (GRAphics Symbiosis System) is a programming language created to script 2D vector graphics animations. GRASS was similar to BASIC in syntax, but added numerous instructions for specifying 2D object animation, including scaling, translation, rotation and color changes over time. It quickly became a hit with the artistic community who were experimenting with the new medium of computer graphics, and is most famous for its use by Larry Cuba to create the original "attacking the Death Star will not be easy" animation in Star Wars (1977). Read more on Wikipedia...
- GRASS ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the GRASS wikipedia page
- GRASS first appeared in 1977
- tryitonline has an online GRASS repl
- See also: basic, opengl, c, true-basic
- Have a question about GRASS not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Example code from Wikipedia:
SINCURVE=[PROMPT "WHAT IS THE OFFSET?" INPUT OFFSET x=-160 angle=0 POINT OFFSET+x,SIN(angle)*80,3 angle=angle+2 IF (x=x+1)<159,SKIP -2]
Last updated June 22nd, 2020