Gopher protocol is an actively used protocol created in 1991. The Gopher protocol is a TCP/IP application layer protocol designed for distributing, searching, and retrieving documents over the Internet. The Gopher protocol was strongly oriented towards a menu-document design and presented an alternative to the World Wide Web in its early stages, but ultimately Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) became the dominant protocol. The Gopher ecosystem is often regarded as the effective predecessor of the World Wide Web.The protocol was invented by a team led by Mark P. Read more on Wikipedia...
- Gopher protocol ranks in the top 25% of languages
- the Gopher protocol wikipedia page
- Gopher protocol first appeared in 1991
- Gopher protocol was created by Mark P. McCahill and Farhad Anklesaria and Paul Lindner and Daniel Torrey and Bob Alberti
- Have a question about Gopher protocol not answered here? Email me and let me know how I can help.
Last updated August 9th, 2020